Employers & Traineeships
Employers often prefer to hire staff who can demonstrate enthusiasm, experience and a track record of being reliable.
DBC Training work with reputable employers to offer young people a high quality work experience programme. Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace.
Our Traineeship Programme includes
- Structured study time - delivered by qualified experienced tutors
- Work experience with a local employer, which gives the young person an insight into the world of work. This will test their commitment, attitude and ability
What do I have to commit to as an employer?
At the end of their Traineeship, each young person must be guaranteed:
- A job interview if a role becomes available within your business
- An exit interview and a reference from your company
How long is a Traineeship?
- Our Traineeships last from 6 weeks to 6 months – flexible to work around your business. DBC Training will discuss and agree, what is the most suitable length of time
- Typically, the young person will be 'at work' with you for two/three days a week. We can agree with you the most suitable days and fit these around your operational routines
What are the benefits to me?
- 'Test drive'- you can try before you buy to ensure that the young person is effective in your business
- 'Free Recruitment service'
- Grow and train your own talent
- We pay the travel expenses up to £15 per week for the young person, so that they can get to your premises
- Our experienced Business Development team prescreen the best young people for your business – saving you time and money
- We appoint a dedicated point of contact, who will provide on-going support and continuity to you as the employer
Romano started the Traineeship programme in November 2014, he had no work experience and needed to improve his grades in English and Maths and to...
Jade has been on the Traineeship Programme for just six weeks, during this time she has made great progress towards achieving her numeracy and...