57% of the working age adult population in England are estimated to have low numeracy skills.
Good numeracy skills can unlock job opportunities and lead to higher wages or prepare people for further study. They also help in everyday life, such as helping children with homework and budgeting money.
People aged 19 and over who don’t have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), can access free numeracy courses through Multiply to build their confidence with numbers and start working towards a qualification.
Through Multiply, DBC Training is offering flexible and engaging activities across Derbyshire to help people develop functional numeracy skills for everyday life, helping them to manage and save money for their household.
Activities will include CPD-certified courses and are focused on empowering individuals/families to take control and personal ownership of their finances, and to confidently self-lead positive finances at home, in life and at work.
Course participants will:
• build their confidence in using numbers in everyday life
• unlock new job opportunities or progress in work
• manage your money better and make savings
• set and manage and budget
• take control of their personal and household finances
• support their children with their home learning
• take the next step to higher levels of training for example, an apprenticeship or level 3 qualification (equivalent to A levels)
Check your numeracy level
This short quiz will help you to understand where you might want to brush up on your numbers.
There are 6 multiple-choice numeracy questions, it will take around 5 minutes to complete and you may use a calculator if you wish. The quiz will also help explain how to get to the correct answer.