Traineeships are a great way to gain practical experience whilst studying. A Traineeship is ideal if you already have some of the skills and attitudes required that employers want, as Traineeships are designed to be a bridge to an apprenticeship.
If you want to get on the right track towards an apprenticeship then this is the path for you. Our traineeship programme will help you:
- Develop your employability skills and self confidence
- Get you ready for the world of work with structured work preparation training
- Give you a taster of work in a placement with a local employer
- Ensure you improve maths and English GCSE grades to an A*-C (or equivalent)
- Assist you in finding a suitable apprenticeship
How long do they last?
They can last anything from 6 weeks to 6 months. A Traineeship ends when you:
- Find an Apprenticeship
- Get a job
- Get a place on a training course
- Have completed all the elements of the programme
What happens after you finish?
With your improved skills and confidence along with your work experience, our experienced staff will help you to find and apply for any suitable vacancies for an Apprenticeship, a training course or a job.
OK, I'm interested and want to learn more – who do I talk to? Talk to our traineeship team.
If you are an employer interested in the Traineeship scheme and grant information please visit our employers pages.
Romano started the Traineeship programme in November 2014, he had no work experience and needed to improve his grades in English and Maths and to...
Jade has been on the Traineeship Programme for just six weeks, during this time she has made great progress towards achieving her numeracy and...